Lighthouse Baptist Church is an independent Baptist Church. The congregation is composed of a membership that is saved, immersed, and striving to live holy before the Lord. Our purpose is to proclaim the Gospel of salvation in Christ, and to minister to the family.
* The inspiration and infallibility of the Bible as it is embodied in the King James Version.
* The virgin birth of Christ and the vicarious atonement of His death.
* The bodily resurrection of Jesus from the dead, and of His imminent return to the earth.
* The person and work of the Holy Spirit.
* Salvation and justification through faith alone.
* The eternal security of every believer.
* The reality of heaven and hell.
* The autonomy of the local church.
* The obligation of every church to support foreign missions.
* That there are only two church ordinances: baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper.
* That every church should practice ecclesiastical separation and every believer personal separation from the world.
We believe that God, in His sovereign grace and mercy, regenerates sinful men by the power of the Holy Spirit, not by any action of their own, bringing them to new life. God grants to them the gifts of faith and repentance, which they then exercise by believing in Christ and turning from their sins in love for God. As a result of this faith, based upon the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ, God justifies or makes righteous the one who believes. God's gift of faith, and the continuing work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the church, results in good works. These good works flow from true, saving faith; they are a necessary result of faith, but are not to be considered necessary to the gaining of justification, which is by God's grace through faith alone, so that no man can boast.
We believe Jesus Christ established His Church, which is made up of all the elect of God. His Church, as an obedient bride, listens to His Word as found in the Bible. All who believe in Christ are placed in His body, the Church. The local expressions of the Church are very important, and each believer should be actively involved in such a fellowship.
We believe in one true and eternal God, unchanging, unchangeable. We believe God is the Creator of all that exists in heaven and in earth. The God who is described in the Bible is unique; He is unlike anyone or anything else in all the universe. God has all power, all knowledge, all wisdom, and is due all glory, honor and praise. All that comes to pass does so at the decree of God. All things will, in the end, result in the glory of God.
We believe the Bible teaches that there is but one being of God, yet there are three Persons who share this one being of God: the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Each Person is fully and completely God, each is described in Scripture as possessing the attributes of God. The Father, Son, and Spirit have eternally existed in the relationship described by the term "Trinity"